Our time from...
Seattle: -5 hours, +1 day
Midwest: -7 hours, +1 day

Sunday, February 13, 2011

To the Races

Flashback:  January 22, 2011.

Tremtham Horse Races!!!!

A few weeks back, the Barbs and I were invited to go to the horse races. Well, more like Barbs was invited and I was allowed to tag along and get a heavy dose of estrogen. I was pretty excited about this. The races, not the estrogen. I've always wanted to go to some races, but have never really had the opportunity. What's not to like?

Dressing up...

Hydrating...

Gambling...


Let's do this.

http://www.trentham.co.nz/

It was sweet. We got into our best duds and took the train out there. In between the many bottles of pink 'pagne, my highlight was winning $40 on a horse. For most of the day my strategy was to place a $1 bet on the sexiest horse named out there to place (eg. "He's Remarkable"). This strategy kept me interested (see photo above) and nickel and dimed me into a net $1.30 loss. But at one point my friend Anya took $2 out of my hand and asked me to pick a number. 4! It turns out 4 was "Mufasa", and he was a baller. Against the odds, he won the race and lined my pocket with $20 (Anya got the other $20).

Oh, and because Barbs will comment on her own blog about this anyway...I got kissed by a cougar...Twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment